UPDATE: We expect these roadworks to finish on Saturday 13th January daytime meaning that the 8s and 9s are anticipated to run a normal timetable from Saturday evening.
Road works will be taking place on the southbound stretch of Blandford Road between Sandy Lane and Inglesham Way. The works will start from 0930 on Monday 2nd January and are anticipated to finish at 1730 on Saturday 13th January.
The closure will apply to all vehicles, however, between 0700 and 2115, morebus routes 9, 448 and 703K will be allowed to pass through the blockade. Outside of these times, services will be diverted and run to a temporary timetable.
These changes will not apply to the early morning of Tuesday 2nd January and the evening on Saturday 13th January.
Northbound services (8, 448, 703K) will mostly remain unaffected.
Customers in Turlin Moor who normally catch the 0552 route 9 should catch the 0608 route 8. Similarly, customers in Turlin Moor who normally catch the 0622 route 9 should catch the 0638 route 8.
If you normally catch the 2150 and 2250 route 9 from Poole to Oakdale or Fleetsbridge, you can still catch the 2200 or 2315 route 4 for a quicker journey, rather than going via the route 8.
Summary of amendments outside 0700-2115 window:
As we won't be allowed through the blockade outside of 0700 and 2115, the following amendments will apply:
Monday - Friday
- 2150 and 2250 route 9s will become route 8s and will follow the normal 8 route
- The 0552 route 9 from Turlin Moor will not run from Turlin Moor to Lake Road. We will start the journey at 0601 at the Hamilton Road bus stop and run into Poole as normal
- The 0557 route 9 will run normally as far as Sandy Lane and instead of turning right towards Turlin Moor, will turn left back towards the Upton mini roundabouts. This will then continue to pick up on Poole Road and then run non-stop via the A350 and Holes Bay Road to New Orchard via West Street. There will be no 0622 departure from Turlin Moor so we will be running an extra journey at 0631 from Hamilton Road for those in Hamworthy.
Saturday 6 January
- The 2150 and 2250 route 9s will become route 8s and will follow the normal 8 route
Sunday 7 January
- The 2212 route 9 from Turlin Moor will not run. The 2150 route 8 will operate a full clockwise loop so anyone getting on in Hamworthy going to Poole will need to board on the other side of the road than normal. This will arrive into Poole 3 minutes later than normal.
Route 8 (clockwise) temporary timetables
Route 8 Monday to Friday temporary timetable +
Route 9 (anti-clockwise) temporary timetables
Route 9 Monday to Friday temporary timetable +
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.